What does this Policy Cover?
- sets out the principles Safe Barriers follows when collecting, using, disclosing, retaining and removing personal data;
- and describes other important topics relating to an individual’s privacy.
By purchasing goods from Safe Barriers, communicating with Safe Barriers through email, by telephone, in writing or by using any of Safe Barriers’ other services, including the Safe Barriers website, or by providing personal data to us, you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in the manner described in this policy.
Collection Use and Storage of Personal Data
The type of personal data that Safe Barriers may collect from individuals will depend upon the particular transaction and the dealing. Normally the personal data collected by Safe Barriers may include an individual’s:
- name, title, address;
- personal identification and/or passport number;
- telephone number;
- email address and online passwords;
- records of communications with Safe Barriers;
- responses to market surveys and contests conducted by Safe Barriers or on Safe Barriers’ behalf;
- credit card or debit card information;
- website usage information.
Safe Barriers only collects, uses and discloses personal data with an individual’s consent or deemed consent or as otherwise permitted under the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
Personal Data will, generally, only be collected and used for the primary purposes of:
Safe Barriers takes reasonable steps to ensure the individual is aware of:
- conducting, improving, maintaining and developing a business relationship.
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to individuals;
- responding to individual’s queries;
- administering contests or market surveys conducted by Safe Barriers or on Safe Barriers’ behalf
- marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products and promotional notices and offers); and
- improving the Safe Barriers’ website.
- the likely use of the information;
- the means of requesting Safe Barriers on the provision of personal data that is in the possession of Safe Barriers;
- the means of withdrawing any consent in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of the personal data that is in the possession of Safe Barriers;
- the identity and contact details of the organisation;
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information.
How Safe Barriers will disclose your Personal Data?
Safe Barriers discloses personal data:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or
- for purposes that a reasonable person will consider appropriate in the circumstances; or
- where the individual has consented; or
- for direct marketing by Safe Barriers where consent has been given but giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing. Safe Barriers includes its contact details in any direct marketing; or
- where permitted under the PDPA or other applicable law or if required by law.
Safe Barriers does not disclose your personal data for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or if so permitted or required under the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
Safe Barriers will not sell or license any personal data that it collects from an individual.
There may be other situations where we may collect and use personal data, which are outside a person’s reasonable expectation. When this occurs, Safe Barriers is committed to providing the individual with an explanation for the possible use of the personal data when asking for the individual’s consent.
Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data
Safe Barriers discloses personal data:
- Safe Barriers takes steps to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to information come to its attention. Safe Barriers disregards information which seems, on a reasonable basis, be inaccurate or out of date by reason of the time which has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
- If an individual has submitted personal data to Safe Barriers electronically or otherwise, and would like it corrected, then a written request should be sent by email to the Admin Officer at email@example.com.
- Safe Barriers will comply with an individual’s request to correct their personal data as soon as practicable.
- If Safe Barriers disagrees with any request to correct an individual’s personal data on reasonable grounds, Safe Barriers shall annotate the personal data with the correction that was requested but not made.
Withdrawal of Consent
An individual may withdraw his consent for the collection, use or disclosure of personal data by giving Safe Barriers reasonable notice by sending a written request (a) by email to the Admin Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Safe Barriers shall inform the individual of the likely consequences of the withdrawal of the consent. Safe Barriers will cease to collect, use or disclose the personal data upon such withdrawal unless otherwise permitted or required by the PDPA or other applicable laws and regulations.
Using our Website
As with most websites, when you visit the Safe Barriers website or use an application on the Safe Barriers website, Safe Barriers may record anonymous information such as IP address (where not used to identify a specific individual), time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Safe Barriers also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires. Cookies may collect and store your personal data. You may adjust your internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled you may still use the Safe Barriers website Safe Barriers, but may be limited in the use of some of the features.
Security of your Personal Data
Safe Barriers will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is securely stored.
Safe Barriers protects personal data from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format and by appropriate physical and communications security.
Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of personal data in an appropriate manner.
Dealing with Unsolicited Information
Safe Barriers takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
Access to Personal Data
If an individual wishes to be provided with information regarding their Personal Data that is in the possession or under the control of Safe Barriers or the ways in which such Personal Data has been used or disclosed by Safe Barriers in the year preceding such request, then that person needs to send a written request by email to the Admin Officer at email@example.com. Safe Barriers will handle such requests as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with the PDPA.
Anonymity when dealing with Safe Barriers
Safe Barriers allows individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, where practicable.
Cross Border Disclosure
Any personal data provided to Safe Barriers may be transferred to, stored by or disclosed to an overseas recipient. For example, Safe Barriers may use a server hosted overseas to store data, which may include your personal data.
Your personal data may also be processed by employees or by other third parties operating outside of Singapore, who work for, or provide services to Safe Barriers.
Safe Barriers will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal data is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient provide a standard of protection to personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
Safe Barriers complies with all provisions regarding the DNC Registry under the PDPA.
Other Important Information